The SunPower Difference
Its a fair question with a simple answer: because not all photovoltaic panels are created equal.
In testing reliability, degradation rates, energy production and shading impact, SunPower outperformed competing solar panels:
- In reliability testing, SunPower panels are the toughest. Under harsh conditions, SunPower panels had an average power drop of only 0-1.3% whereas Conventional Panels exhibited an average power drop of 5.3-92%.
- In the most comprehensive degradation study ever conducted, it was found that SunPower panels have an AC power degradation rate of only -0.25%/year compared to Conventional Panels’ rate of -1.25%/year. This means that SunPower panels will produce more power both initially and throughout the life of the system than Conventional Panels.
- In an energy production test that compared 115 different PV manufacturers, the SunPower E-Series panel ranked #1 with the most energy production per rated Watt.
- In a study of the impact of partial shading on solar panels, such as shade produced by leaves and surrounding trees, SunPower panels were the least affected. Under such shading conditions, SunPower panels performed 2-4 times better than Conventional Panels.
With SunPower solar energy systems, not only do you get the most powerful panels on the planet, you also get the best warranty in the industry. SunPower’s 25-year product warranty truly outshines Conventional Panels’ traditional 10-year limited product warranties.
Furthermore, SunPower guarantees power performance for the life of the 25-year warranty, and provides for 9.1% more warrantied energy compared with the traditional warranty. Such extensive warranties are possible because SunPower panels are engineered for performance and designed for durability.
What's more, SunPower has 138.946 million dollars standing behind its warranty.
So let’s recap:
- Industries only 25 year Workmanship Warranty
- Industries only 25 year Power Output Warranty that covers 87% after 25 years
- Industries only 25 year Repair/Replace/Reimburse Warranty (That third warranty on every panel)
- 27 panel failures per million And, SunPower puts money away for each panel it ships to cover any potential long term warranty issues.
Is SunPower right for your site? Find out with a Free Solar Site Analysis!
Read: Third Party Backup for Efficiency Claims