Since 2001, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners and businesses in the Puget Sound Region go solar. We’re the most experienced solar installation company in the Pacific Northwest, so we’re familiar with the many benefits of installing solar and energy storage systems, including the Tesla Powerwall. So, lets look at some of the benefits of going solar.
1. Lower Energy Bills and Long-Term Savings
One of the primary advantages of installing rooftop solar panels on your home is the potential for significant, long-term cost savings. Solar energy allows homeowners to generate their own electricity, reducing their dependence on their electrical utility. By harnessing the power of the sun, you can generate clean, renewable energy, reducing or even eliminating your monthly electricity bills, leading to substantial long-term savings. Our local utilities, Seattle City Light, Puget Sound Energy, Snohomish PUD, Tacoma Power all continue to rate their electrical rates. When you go solar, you “freeze” your electrical costs and effectively counter inflation. In the preceding graph, the expected rising costs of electricity is represented by the red line. After several years (typically two to five), the monthly cost of a solar loan is less than your current electric bill because of the rising utility rates. Check out an example solar quote showing the long term savings or if you’re ready to see your potential savings, fill out our webform at the bottom of this page.
2. Environmental Benefits and Reduced Carbon Footprint
Solar energy is a clean and renewable energy source that produces electricity without emitting harmful greenhouse gases or pollutants. By installing solar panels on your home, you actively contribute to reducing your carbon footprint and mitigating the impacts of climate change. Switching to solar power decreases your reliance on fossil fuels, thus preserving precious natural resources and promoting a cleaner, healthier environment for future generations. In our quotes, we show you the CO2 emissions you’ll avoid producing by going solar. If you drive an electric vehicle and go solar, the environmental and financial benefits increase significantly because you’re creating your own fuel (electricity). Currently, it costs about $19.09 to drive a gas vehicle 100 miles versus $4.08 to drive the same distance in an EV.
3. Energy Independence and Reliability
Traditional power grids are vulnerable to outages and fluctuations, which can disrupt your daily life and compromise the comfort and safety of your home. Solar panels, when combined with energy storage solutions like the Tesla Powerwall, provide homeowners with a reliable backup power source. The Powerwall acts as a home battery, storing excess solar energy generated during the day for use during nighttime or power outages. This integration offers energy independence, ensuring your home remains powered and secure even when the grid goes down.
4. Increased Property Value and Return on Investment
Investing in solar panels not only benefits your present and future by reducing your electrical costs, but it also increases the value of your property. Solar installations are now widely regarded as an attractive feature among homebuyers. Potential buyers appreciate the long-term energy savings and reduced environmental impact that come with a solar-powered home. Several studies, including one by Zillow have shown that homes equipped with solar panels tend to sell faster and at a higher price (4.1% more) than comparable non-solar properties, making it a smart investment with a potentially high return.
5. Access to Solar Incentives and Rebates
Governments and local authorities around the world recognize the importance of transitioning to renewable energy sources to cut CO2 emissions. As a result, they often provide various incentives and rebates to homeowners who choose to install solar panels. These incentives can include tax credits, grants, net metering programs, and sales tax exemptions. Solar installation companies can guide you through the process of understanding and accessing these incentives, maximizing the financial benefits of your solar investment.
There are three primary financial incentives when installing solar and/or energy storage systems in the Washington state solar program.
- Federal Tax Credit – A 30% solar tax credit is available for solar or energy storage products (Tesla, Enphase) which includes all the labor, materials, permit costs and, if necessary, electrical upgrades. Simple re-roofing does not qualify for the solar tax credit. In 2022, as part of the Biden administrations Infrastructure Investment and Jobs act, stand-alone energy storage (e.g., Powerall) became eligible for the 30% tax credit.
- Net Metering – This benefit occurs when you produce more energy than you consume (running your meter backwards) and the excess kilowatt hours, (kWh) are fed into the grid and credited to your account. When you produce less than you consume, you use the credits you’ve built into your account.
- No Sales Tax – There is no sales tax on solar or energy storage projects in Washington state, saving consumers roughly 10%. The sale tax exemption for solar includes any equipment, labor, permit fees, etc… essentially anything on your final invoice related to the solar or storage project.
What Are You Waiting For? Get A Free Quote!
Installing solar panels on your home presents a multitude of benefits that extend beyond financial savings. It provides a sustainable and eco-friendly way to power your home while reducing your reliance on traditional energy sources. The integration of energy storage solutions like the Tesla Powerwall enhances the advantages of solar installations by providing backup power during outages and optimizing energy consumption.
With utility electrical rates and inflation on the rise and several zero-down solar financing options, now is the time to find out what solar can do for you. Fill out our contact form below and we’ll prepare a free, custom solar quote so you can see how solar benefits homeowners. We’re one of our regions best and most trusted solar energy companies with great reviews on Google, Yelp and SolarReviews.