Public Utility Community Solar....Puget Sound Solar installed 75 kW of solar PV for Mason County's first local shared solar project located at Mason PUD 3's Johns Prairie offices at Shelton. PUD 3 customers have shown a great deal of interest in solar energy projects. However, there are those for one or more reasons who can't take advantage of solar energy at their homes:
- The cost is out of their range.
- The roof is not suitable for solar.
- There's not enough of a southern exposure to catch the sun.
- Nearby trees may block the sun.
- Restrictive homeowners association's covenants.
An annual credit on a customer's electric bill based on the electricity generated by their share of the project. An annual Washington State production incentive through 2020.
You can see the system performance by clicking here.